“And if you become a butterfly, nobody thinks anymore when you crawled on the ground and you did not want wings”
(lit. tras. of Alda Merini)
The phenomenon of violence against women is a matter which remains dramatically central, despite the social changes, acquired rights and laws passed in recent decades. Even today there are many cases of newassaults on women as well as are the relapses.
In recent years, data shows that one woman in three, aged between 15 and 74 years living in the 28 EU countries, has been exposed to physical and/or sexual violence from her male partner or ex-partner in their life; in particular psychological violence as well as witnessing violence is even higher (FRA, 2014).
Spazio Donna Association has been actively involved in hindering violence against women since1990. From its experience, is born the REVIVAL project, to deal with the problem and participate in actions on many levels: from health care level, is involved about the caring process of the victims, from legislative one to defence and protection of them, from a psychological point of view to the immediate taking care and the support.
According to the Extraordinary Italian Action Plan against violence, that since 2015 provided an integrate model of governance “characterised by a multidisciplinary approach, as provided by the articles 7 and 9 of the Istanbul Convention”, the project promotes the coordination of all levels about women violence, from actions of victims’ protection and prevention of the phenomenon.
- Increasing the number of reports from women victims of violence
- Implementing the existing laws about the protection and the taking care of women victims of violence
- Increasing knowledge and skills of all professionals involved in supporting women victims of violence
- Making the assistance and the care of women victims of violence accessible also to the most vulnerable categories (migrant, disabled, and elderly women)
- Analyse best practices and innovative intervention methodology to hinder violence against women at European level
- Implement an inter-institutional training in the social, legal and health field and provide operative procedures in order to facilitate the taking care of thevictims
- Realize an intervention model in hospitals made of a psychological report for women victims of violence, in addition to the medical report
- Establish a Trust centre among all the Health Care bodies to guide women about all the local services for victims of violence
- Assess the outcomes of the training and the model’s implementation through structured questionnaires and guidelines at European level
TYPE AND NUMBER OF BENEFICIARIES
- Direct beneficiaries: 144 Health professionals (doctors, psychologists, nurses), 48 Social care professionals, 48 Police and lawyers
- Indirect beneficiaries: women victims of violence
- Memoranda of Understanding among organizations involved in hindering violence against women
- Acquisition of prosocial, relational and legal skills by all the professionals involved in the training
- Construction of an interaction model (information, procedures, best practices, follow up) among the European partners
- Opening a new Pink Emergency Room in partner countries
- Increase the number of reports from women victims of violence
- Increase supporting and protection interventions